Septic Tank Survey
DASA offers a full range of septic tank services and other off-mains drainage systems. Whether you are buying or selling a property with a septic tank, have a septic tank already that you want to check that it is functioning properly, or are experiencing issues with your tank, DASA’s surveyors have the knowledge to provide solutions and septic tank surveys.
It is important to have health checks and septic tank surveys performed at least once a year so that you can prevent any issues arising and potential complications. DASA’s surveyors carry out work for insurance providers, business customers and residential clients.
Why is it important to have a septic tank survey?
Having a septic tank sewage system can be costly if damaged. If issues are left for long enough, the cost of replacing the sewage system can cost thousands of pounds and also become dangerous, so it is important to ensure you schedule an inspection.
As septic tanks are underground, they are often forgotten about, which is why problems arise. It is difficult to tell if there is an issue with a septic system for the untrained eye, so it is important to know what telltale signs to look for.
Property owners are often unaware of small changes which could be signs of a damaged or blocked septic tank. By having an annual inspection, DASA engineers can identify even the most minor of issues before they become worse.
What will a septic tank surveyor look at in the system?
When having a septic tank inspected, surveyors will look at a multitude of factors:
- Ensuring the septic tank system complies with NIEA regulations and does not discharge into a ditch, stream, land drain or surface water drain.
- Inspection of the design and size of the tank – and if it is suitable for the size of property / number of occupants
- Inspection of signs of ‘backing-up’ from the soakaway
- Making sure that there is no cross connection of services and that rainwater is not entering the septic tank through the gutters and drains
- An assessment should be carried out for the overall condition of the tank, the risers, lids and covers.
- The system will be checked to make sure that other appliances do not discharge into the septic tank
You can find out the cost to empty a septic tank here.
If you are experiencing any issues with your drains, your septic tank may be in need of emptying. It should not be left if you think that there are issues. If you are not completely sure and would like some advice, get in touch with a member of our specialist staff today and they will be happy to put you in touch with a local engineer. DASA has a fully trained and experienced team of engineers who can fix your drainage problems quickly and effectively.
Contact us on the form below if you want to speak to one of our experts.